If the data from the exploration and pre-feasibility stage looks positive, the following stage is to carry out a feasibility study where the development process becomes more focused on the most favourable location. In this stage, the commercial level of the geothermal resource needs to be demonstrated.
Activities in this pre-feasibility phase are likely to include any of the following:
- Drilling of pilot wells
- Drilling of a deep exploration well
- Well testing and well logging
- More detailed geophysical exploration and analysis
- Production potential assessment and reservoir modelling
- Environmental impact assessment
- Preliminary design of power plant and surface equipment
- Site selection analysis (site area, water supply, HGV access, etc.)
- Financial modelling and economic assessment
For details of projects that have been worked on by us do get in touch.